These autumn treats are shockingly simple and taste fantastic. The acorns make a fun party favor for birthday parties or Halloween celebrations or add them to the centerpiece of your Thanksgiving table. Even they are flexible. Mini peanut butter cookies are perfect because they have ready-made crosshatches, so if you have visitors that are allergic to peanuts, mini vanilla wafers can be used.
My grandma used to do it when we visited her, and I recall eating this when I was young. Since she was a kid, she loved this dish, and she wants us to enjoy it as much as she enjoys eating it. We used to help her out in the kitchen, although we mess around, she never gets mad at us. She always says, let them have fun because a child’s laughter is a song from heaven. Whenever I got the chance to make this at home, I will always remember my grandma and how she instills good learnings about life. Try this recipe for Acorn Candy Cookies, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Prep: 15 mins | Ready In: 45 mins
- 1 tbsp prepared chocolate frosting
- (24) milk chocolate candy kisses (like Hershey’s Kisses®), unwrapped
- (24) mini vanilla wafer cookies (such as Nilla®)
- (24) butterscotch chips
- Add and smear a small amount of frosting onto the flat bottom of a candy kiss.
- Put onto the flat bottom of the vanilla wafer.
- Smear a little more frosting onto the flat bottom of a butterscotch chip, and press onto the rounded top of the cookie.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Set aside to dry, about 30 minutes.
Rub the Nutter Butter gently crosshatches with a small amount of melted chocolate, for a more natural feel. And draw crosshatch lines with a food color marker over the vanilla wafers.
You can use other seasonal flavors of Hershey’s and Kisses if you want.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 0.5 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 31 mg sodium; 6.7 g fat; 15.6 g carbohydrates.