I have to admit this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe is the best among all the oatmeal cookies I’ve tried. It is soft, chewy, and are loaded with oats and chocolate. Also, it’s super easy to make. I accidentally discovered this recipe from the internet when I was scrolling through the internet, and this one pops out. As an oatmeal cookie lover myself, I was excited and immediately took a pen and paper to write the recipe. Try this recipe for Amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25mins | Additional: 30 mins | Total: 1 hr 10 mins | Servings: 24 | Yield: 2 dozen bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- (2) large eggs
- (1) (3.5 oz) package vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- (2 ¾) cups quick oats
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a bowl until creamy; beat in eggs until smooth. Stir pudding mix into creamed mixture and followed by vanilla extract. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl and stir flour mixture into moist ingredients. Mix oats and chocolate chips into the dough. Press dough into prepared baking pan.
- Bake until lightly browned in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
It is one of those traditional recipes you can change to suit your tastes. Add raisins, walnuts, or white chocolate. Also, you can add toffee or caramel if you want. Make a batch now, let the family dig in, and then keep the leftovers in the fridge for tomorrow. I guarantee that’s one of the best things you’ll do today.
For a healthier take on the recipe, you can use whole wheat flour instead of the all-purpose flour.
Per Serving: 263.4 calories; fat 13g 20% DV; cholesterol 35.8mg 12% DV; sodium 224.9mg 9% DV; protein 3.2g 7% DV; carbohydrates 36g 12% DV.