Hearty breakfast bake eaten during a visit to an Amish inn. When I asked for the recipe, one of the ladies told me the ingredients right off the top. Amish Breakfast Casserole is a delightful breakfast entree – especially for holiday menus. This casserole is filled with two meats and three cheeses! Amish Breakfast Casserole is super creamy with all that cheese. In a large skillet, cook onion and bacon until crisp.
- 1lb. sliced bacondiced
- 1medium sweet onionchopped
- 6large eggslightly beaten
- 4cups frozen hash brownsshredded, thawed
- 2cups cheddar cheeseshredded
- 1 1/2cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 1/4cups Swiss cheeseshredded
- 1lb. mild, bulk sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepperdiced
- 1/2 green bell pepperdiced
- fresh, snipped chivesfor garnish
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.