No kneading, you just mix it up and bake it
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs.
- Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan).
- Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan.
- Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping.
- Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.