The BEST Apple Crisp recipe ever is made with thinly sliced Granny Smith apples and baked with a … Next, toss the apples in a cinnamon spice sauce.
- 5 apples (Ginger Gold or Granny Smith works very well)
- 1/3 cup sugar (raw or white)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp of Season with Spice’s Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter -softened
1. Peel, then slice the apples.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F (or 175C).
3. For the base, mix the apple slices, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir thoroughly to make sure the cinnamon is spread evenly over the apple slices, and then transfer the base to a 9″ x 9″ greased pan.
4. For the crust, mix the brown sugar, oats, flour, and butter. Then roll up your sleeves and grab the dough, and start breaking small chunks off and dropping them evenly over the apples.
5. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes, and then remove and let cool for 30 minutes before serving (if you can wait that long).
6. If reheating the next day, bake for 5 minutes at 350F (200C), and then broil it for 2-3 minutes to get the crunch back in the crust.