A fun and easy apple pie cupcake recipe made with cinnamon roll dough, spiced apples and a crumble topping. How can it go wrong? Jump to next page or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make them.
APPLE PIE CUPCAKES
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Juice of half lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 can (12.4 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls
whipped cream (from 7oz aerosole can)
caramel-flavored syrup (from 22oz-bottle)
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray 8 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2. In 10-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add apples; cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar, the cinnamon and salt. Cook 5 minutes longer or until tender. Stir in lemon juice.
- 3. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix Topping ingredients with fork or hands until crumbly. Set aside.
- 4. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Flatten each into 4-inch round; place in muffin cup.
- 5. Divide Apple Filling evenly onto rolls in muffin cups. Divide Topping evenly over Filling.
- 6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and tops are lightly browned. Cool slightly before removing from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 7. Serve cupcakes topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup