These super simple Apple Pie Fries make for a super fun spin on a traditional … You can dip them in caramel sauce or even whipped cream for …
- 2 sheets refrigerated pie dough
- 1 16oz. can apple pie filling
- Puree the pie filling in a food processor, set aside.
- Roll out one of the pie dough, top all over with the pie filling.
- Roll out the other pie dough on top.
- Press down lightly and using a fork, pinch the outer edges together.
- Use a pizza cutter or crimping roller and roll into 1″ strips, then cut again the other way into fry size length.
- Place on lightly sprayed parchment paper, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 1/4 C. butter, salted
- 1/8 -1/4 C. heavy cream (depends on how thin you want it)
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
Melt butter in a heavy bottom saucepan, add in cream and sugar and whisk. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 200 degrees. Remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl.