- 4 Apples peeled & sliced
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ C Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
- Oil (for frying tortillas)
- 1/2 c sugar-cinnamon mixture
- Whipped cream
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a saucepan.
- Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently for 10 minutes or until apples are semi-soft.
- If needed, thicken sauce using 1 Tbl of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbl of water. Mix into
sauceand stir until thickened.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on
tortillain the oil for a few seconds.
- Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned.
- Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.