What a very refreshing salad! I have tried cucumber salad with vinegar but I never thought that sour cream tastes better with it. If you are having fried chicken or any greasy meal, this is the perfect side dish to eat. My advice to you though is to slice the cucumbers thin so it can incorporate all the flavors very well. Also, I use English cucumbers because it has fewer seeds and more flavor. If you do not have it, you can still use a regular type of cucumber. Make your lunch or dinner extra special with this amazing recipe of salad. Enjoy!
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large cold onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (8 ounces) container sour cream
- Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, arrange 1/4 of the onion and 1/4 of the sliced cucumbers.
- Step 2: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- Step 3: Repeat this method three times until all the sliced cucumbers and onions are in the bowl.
- Step 4: Cover the mixing bowl and let it sit at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours or until the cucumbers and onion are soft and about 1-inch liquid comes out of the mixture.
- Step 5: Remove the cucumbers and onion and place them in a colander and rinse to remove the rest of the salt.
- Step 6: Let the cucumbers and onion sit in the colander for 30 minutes to drain completely.
- Step 7: Place the cucumbers and onion in a medium mixing bowl. Add in the sour cream and stir until the vegetables are coated completely.
- Step 8: Cover the bowl and place inside the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Step 9: Serve and enjoy!
The amount of salt will depend on how much cucumbers and onion you are going to use.
Nutrition Facts: 85.1 calories; protein 1.9g 4% DV; carbohydrates 6.5g 2% DV; fat 6.2g 10% DV; cholesterol 12.5mg 4% DV; sodium 1181.3mg 47% DV.