Chicken breast is my go-to dinner option when I’ve got nothing else up my sleeve and this bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken is one …
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 4 – 4-ounce pieces
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 pieces of bacon
How to make it :
- Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it is about ¼” thick.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, chopped green onions, and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Put ¼ of this mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
- Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
- Wrap 1 to 2 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with a toothpick, if needed.
- Place on baking sheet and back for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Broil topside for about 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon.
- Turn each breast over and broil for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.
- Serve immediately.
One piece of bacon wrapped around each breast is enough. But 2 pieces of bacon for each breast fully wrap the chicken and is outstanding as well.
this recipe is very adaptable to being basted with your favorite grilling sauce, marinade, chili sauce, or sweet and sour sauce during baking.
1 lb. of chicken usually equals one large chicken breast cut in half. Cut each half in half again and you will have four 4 ounce pieces.