I had fun tweaking this recipe for an Autumn Tea my club had. I love crab and so it made sense I would make something from crab to share with my friends…
- 1 c unseasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1 c corn, canned
- 3 small mini red bell pepper
- 1/4 c green onion stems, finely chopped
- 16 oz jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 3/4 c Duke’s mayonnaise
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Spray cups of the mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cups with 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, gently tapping and rotating to coat.
- Finely chop bell pepper. Blot mixture dry with a paper towel. Finely chop onion tops setting aside 1 teaspoon for garnish.
- Combine corn, bell pepper, remaining onions, crabmeat, 1/2 of the mayonnaise, egg, black pepper, and salt.
- Mix well but gently to not break up the crabmeat too much.
- Sprinkle lightly with remaining Panko crumbs.
- Divide mixture evenly among cups of pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven. Cool in pan 2 minutes and then remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Meanwhile juice lemon for the sauce. Combine juice, cayenne pepper, and remaining mayonnaise and mix well.
- Brush tops of crab cakes with sauce and top with reserved finely chopped onion tops.