Whether it’s a side dish or a main dish, this Baked Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole is a huge family favorite! This dish is one my Mom didn’t … You’re going to love the flavor-marriage of sweet corn and Asiago cheese in this Baked Creamy Corn Casserole recipe. Definitely keep this recipe handy in your … Why is this baked creamed corn casserole dish such a staple side dish? Partially because it’s so darn easy to make, even in large quantities.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbl butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 Tbl sugar
- 2 Tbl flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed) – well drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded Asiago (optional)
- Chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F, rack in the middle.
- Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium-to-large saucepan over medium heat add in the cream, 1/4 cup milk, sugar and butter.
- Bring to a boil.
- While the cream mixture is heating up make a slurry of the flour and remaining 1/4 cup milk by whisking together until well combined.
- Whisk together the eggs until well beaten.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, add in the flour slurry and whisk until thickened slightly – ~30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove from the heat and add in the corn and salt mixing to combine.
- Slowly add in the eggs while mixing the entire time – you do not want the eggs to curdle.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is puffy and golden brown. *See note if using cheese
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving so it can firm up and set.