Baked mostaccioli, baked ziti, baked penne—whatever you call this easy dish, if it’s not a staple weeknight meal in your house, it should be. Get all the flavors of lasagna, minus the fuss, in this endlessly customizable pasta bake.
Servings Per Recipe: 6 | Serving Size: 1 serving
SmartPoints: 4 | Calories 134.1 | Total Fat 4.6 g | Saturated Fat 2.5 g | Cholesterol 74.2 mg | Sodium 249.0 mg | Potassium 335.3 mg | Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g | Dietary Fiber 2.2 g | Sugars 3.0 g | Protein 10.3 g
To Make this Recipe You need The following ingredients:
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 8
1 lb mostaccioli noodles
1 lb bulk italian sausage
1 large green pepper seeded, veined and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
5 c marinara sauce
1 1/2 c provel ropes or provolone shredded
1 1/2 c mozzarella, shredded
1/2 c Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Cook mostaccioli following box instructions and drain well.
2. Brown sausage in skillet on medium heat. Remove sausage to plate; cover and keep warm.
3. Add peppers and onions to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook 3-5 minutes or until edges of onions start to brown. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Remove from heat.
4. Combine the cooked sausage mixture, cooked mostacccioli, and marinara in a large casserole dish. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with provel, mozzarella and Parmesan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and started to brown just a touch.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!