Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken – No need to order take-out anymore – this homemade version is so much healthier and a million times tastier…
The chicken coating:
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- salt + pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
The sweet and sour sauce:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat your 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13 greased baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour and during the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.