I love to make pies with fruit. Especially bananas, strawberries, peaches, and pineapples. Today, I’m giving you my sister’s recipe for a very delicious banana cream pie. Check it out.
- 1 ⅔ cups of water.
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- 1 (14 ounces) can of Eagle brand condensed milk.
- 3 beaten egg yolks.
- 2 tbsps of butter.
- 1 tsp of vanilla.
- 1 (9 inches) baked a pie crust.
- 3 sliced medium bananas.
- In a bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth and mix in the eagle brand milk and egg yolks until well combined.
- Stir in 2 tbsps of butter, vanilla and cool slightly while stirring occasionally.
- Pour half of the filling on the crust and layer banana slices over it.
- Pour the second half of the filling and top with meringue.
- Brown in a preheated oven to 400° and Voila!
- Easy, peasy and creamy! I love whipped cream, so when this pie is chilled,
- I spoon some whipped cream over the top and enjoy my dessert. Give it a shot, I’m sure you will like it.