The crumb topping is what makes these banana muffins stand apart from the ordinary. They’re scrumptious! This is a very moist & tasty recipe. My 1-year-old is allergic to eggs, so I omitted the egg & added an extra banana to the mixture & it turned out AWESOME! I used mini muffin tins & my 11-year-old son gobbled them up…Made it exactly to the recipe and it is outstanding! Hubby said that this is a must recipe for when we open a Bed and Breakfast. I used 4 small to medium sized very ripe bananas and it made 11 muffins. The topping was just the right amount…
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean.