On Father’s Day, we all tried this delicious dessert, which everyone loved. Bananas warmed in buttery rum sauce over vanilla ice cream. Awesome!!!….and so simple. Be sure to only “warm” the bananas in the sauce, otherwise bananas will be too mushy. Good and impressive! I thought you were supposed to light the rum on fire though??? This way the alcohol burns off and even the kids can eat this dessert…
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced lengthwise and crosswise
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar, rum, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- When mixture begins to bubble, place bananas and walnuts in pan.
- Cook until bananas are hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve at once over vanilla ice cream.