Beef and broccoli is a traditional Chinese-American dish that I am particularly obsessed with since I was young. I love the combination of broccoli, meat, and stir fry sauce. Try this recipe for Beef and Broccoli Recipe, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
Prep: 17 mins | Cook: 13mins | Total: 30 mins
For Beef and Broccoli Ingredients:
- 1 lb of flank steak, make sure to cut it very thinly into bite-sized strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil), divided
- 1 lb broccoli. cut into 6 cups of florets
- 2 tsp sesame seeds optional garnish
For Stir Fry Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated (loosely packed)
- 2 tsp garlic grated (from 3 cloves)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce, you can use GF Tamari
- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- First, cook the white rice, so it’s ready when the stir fry is done. Cover, freeze steak 30 minutes for easier slicing.
- Combine all stir fry sauce ingredients in a bowl, stir well to dissolve the sugar, and set aside.
- Add and place a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp of oil. Add broccoli florets and sauté 4-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender, then remove from pan, partially covered with a lid, stirring, or tossing several times.
- Increase heat to high heat and add a tbsp oil. Add beef in a single layer and sauté 2 minutes per side or just until thoroughly cooked. Then quickly pull out a piece to test for doneness.
- Add the sauce, reduce heat to medium/low and simmer 3-4 minutes. It will thicken. Add broccoli and stir to combine. Then stir in 1-2 Tbsp water to thin the sauce if desired. Serve over white rice.
In this recipe, you can add your favorite vegetables, such as snap peas, bell peppers, carrots, and even mushrooms.