I used poppy seeds in a breath before, but I never tried them in a cake until my sister made this cake! Here’s the recipe.
- 1 box of yellow or lemon cake mix.
- 4 ounces of vanilla or lemon instant pudding pack.
- 2 ounces of poppy seeds.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 cup of cooking oil.
- 1 cup of white wine.
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease and flour a tube pan.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan before turning out on a serving plate.
- In a bowl, mix together powdered sugar and water until creamy and mix in some poppy seeds.
- Spoon the mixture over the cake while it’s still warm and enjoys!
- Simple, easy and delicious! I made this once and I saved some for breakfast the day after, it was so delicious.
- Give it a shot you will love it too.