Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with chuck roast, Yukon potatoes … the beef, chicken, and vegetable version of this Better Than Bouillon…
- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 red wine
- 1 1/2 C beef broth
- 1onion, medium
- 3potatoes, cubed
- In a small bowl mix together the flour, paprika, salt, and pepper; put meat cubes into a gallon-size zip bag and shake beef in the bag to coat.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and sauté coated beef in oil to sear, until just brown all over the outside (still bloody inside is OK). Then put the meat into the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl or shaker, mix the beef broth with the Worcestershire, and add the red wine. Pour into the hot skillet to deglaze, then pour over beef in cooker.
- Add the chopped onion, potatoes and carrots and garlic to slow cooker; cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours, or on high 4 to 6 hours.