brisket recipe, Adam Perry Lang Brisket Recipe, Chris Lilly Brisket recipe, Beef … I named this “Better Than Sex Brisket” because I’ve never seen my husband go …
- 4 lb Brisket “point”
- 1 part hickory, 2 parts apple
- smoker or a grill set for indirect heat
Rub- part 1
- 2 tbsp beef base
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp fresh ground pepper (I used smoked black pepper)
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- Wrap Sauce – part 2- The “Texas Crutch”
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar (I used bourbon barrel smoked brown sugar)
- 2 tbsp chopped shallots
- 2 tbsp apple juice OR 2tbsp sweet tea (funny story here)
- 3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
How to make it :
- Meat: removed fat cap/very fatty areas and score the meat on both sides so it can absorb more rub.
- Rub the beef base into the brisket on all sides. Combine the rub ingredients and generously “rub” into the meat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare your smoker to 225 degrees. If using a grill, you will need to prepare for indirect heat by creating a direct/indirect zone.
- I used a combination of applewood and hickory- 1 part hickory and 2 parts apple. Once your grill is at temp, add the wood.
- Put your brisket on the smoker and let smoke for 5 hours or until the internal temp reaches 170 degrees.
- Next, you are going to do the “Texas Crutch”- or wrap it in foil. Roll out a bunch of foil and double it up so that you can fold the brisket into a foil “packet”.
- Remove the brisket, put it on the foil and pour on the wrap liquid. Seal up the foil packet and put it back on the grill.
- Let the brisket steam in the packet for another 2 hours.