Easy Black–Eyed Peas Salad Recipe is so fresh, light and flavorful. Black-eyed peas, corn, bell pepper, onion, celery, and cilantro…
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 15 ounce cans black-eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Mix the yellow and red peppers, onion, jalapeno chiles, black-eyed peas, parsley, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Gradually add the olive oil, whisking constantly to thoroughly blend with the kinds of vinegar.
- Stir in the cumin, salt, and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture, tossing to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in the crumbled bacon.