Lemon and blueberries make such a fresh and flavorful combination in all kinds of baked goods, especially these biscuits…
You’ll need :
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 3c flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 5 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½c blueberries
- 1¼c buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1½c blueberries (don’t thaw if using frozen)
How to make it:
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and combine with a pastry blender or two forks until very crumbly.
- The pieces should be no larger than peas. (Alternately, you can combine the dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the pieces are no larger than peas.)
- If desired, you can prepare the dough up to this point and refrigerate up to 1 day until ready to continue.
- Combine egg and buttermilk and pour into dry mixture.
- Add blueberries, and gently stir with a fork until just combined. Flour the countertop and turn dough onto the counter.
- Pat out to a square, about ¾″ in thickness.
- Being careful not to slice all the way through, slice large square into 16 smaller squares, keeping the dough in one large piece.
- Carefully transfer scored biscuits to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (this is easier with a spatula or a bench scraper).
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes.