This blueberry bundt cake is fantastic! It’s buttery and moist with pops of sweetness from the blueberries. The cake’s soft on the inside with a crunchy crust. Yummo! The blueberry sauce is heavenly. Not overly sweet, it intensifies the blueberry flavor in this delicious dessert. Don’t like walnuts? Leave them out. We taste-tested the sauce both ways and it was divine either way.
Cook time: 1 Hr 10 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 10-12
2 c sugar
2 c all-purpose flour
2 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 c Crisco
1 c milk
11/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c blueberries
BLUEBERRY WALNUT SAUCE
1 c blueberries
1 c sugar
1/4 c butter, cold
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
2. Beat the eggs, sugar, Crisco, and butter together. Add in the flour slowly and beat until blended.
3. Add in the milk and vanilla. Beat on medium speed about 2 minutes or well blended.
4. Add in the blueberries. Stir by hand.
5. Pour into a greased bundt pan. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
6. Cool in pan on cake rack 10 minutes then turn onto a cake plate.
7. While cake is cooling, in a sauce pot place the butter, blueberries, and sugar. Let cook until thickened then remove from the heat.
8. With a fork, poke some holes in the bottom of the cake while in the pan cooling.
Jamie’s Blueberry Bundt Cake With Sauce
9. With a slotted spoon, remove the excess berries so you can use the juice. Take a spoonful of juice and go slowly over the cake letting the juice soak in several layers.
10. After 10 minutes turn cake onto a plate. Poke some more holes in the cake and do this again over the top and drizzle into the inside hole so it will soak up into the cake.
11. Take the leftover juice and add the walnuts to it; mix well. If not much juice is left in the pot, add a little sugar and water. Put back on the stove and let cook to incorporate the flavors and for the sauce to thicken a little more with the nuts. Pour into a serving bowl to have to drizzle over your ice cream.