Bourbon Balls function as the ultimate easy dessert for Southern cocktail parties, and they put a sweet, slightly boozy finish on any get-together. Think of them as …
- 1 fine vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 finely chopped pecans
- 1 confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 C bourbon
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup
- confectioners sugar sifted
- Thoroughly combine 1 crushed vanilla wafer crumbs, chopped pecans, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and the cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, blend the bourbon and corn syrup.
- Stir this bourbon mixture into the dry mixture; blend well. Cover and chill for at least a few hours.
- Sift about 1/2 to 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar on a cookie sheet.
- Shape small bits of the dough into balls and roll them in the confectioners’.
- Store in refrigerator in tightly covered containers.
- Make these a few days in advance for best flavor, and roll in confectioners’ sugar again before serving, if desired.
- These can also be frozen for longer storage.
- Makes about 3 dozen bourbon balls.