My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine-tuned to their taste. I have to double this recipe, and bake it in a 9×13 inch pan for my family! It’s great for breakfast or dessert and is delicious with milk poured on top! Enjoy…
- 6 slices day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread. If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.