Make your crockpot slave all night and wake up to this delicious Crockpot Breakfast Casserole recipe. Perfect for Christmas morning breakfast…
- 1 bag 26 oz. frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 16 oz. roll sausage
- maple, sage or regular sausage.
- Salt and pepper
- 16 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray crock pot and evenly spread hash browns at the bottom.
- Crack 12 eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix well (and slowly) using a whisk.
- Add the milk.
- Go ahead and sprinkle in the ground mustard. This might sound like a weird ingredient, but I’ve come to love (and use) this in most of my recipes.
- Add plenty of salt….and lots of fresh pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the sausage on high heat, drain and set aside.
- Add sausage on top of hash browns.
- Is this enough cheese? Maybe? Probably. Throw the whole big bag in there.
- Mix it up well. Or good, depending on where you’re from.
- Pour the egg mixture over everything in the crockpot. Using a wood spoon, even everything out so it’s spread evenly.
- Turn the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.