Check out this simple slow cooker beef brisket recipe. This easy melt-in-the-mouth beef makes a perfect Sunday roast for when you have guests for dinner
Cook time: 5 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 4
1 c beef broth
1 c tomato sauce
1 c dry red wine
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
2-3 lb beef brisket
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
3 c baby carrots
4 medium red potatoes, quartered
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 c water
1. Spray a 6-quart slow cooker insert with nonstick cooking spray. Add broth, tomato sauce, wine, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and garlic to the slow cooker. Stir until combined.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add enough cooking oil to coat bottom of pan. When hot, brown brisket on both sides.
3. Place brisket in sauce mix in slow cooker. Place onion slices, carrots and potatoes over brisket.
4. Cover and cook on high 5 hours.
5. When done, remove brisket to cutting board and slice. Remove vegetables to a serving bowl and keep warm.
6. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl and stir into sauce until it begins to thicken. Pour sauce into a serving bowl.
7. Serve brisket slices with some of the vegetables on side, and drizzle with sauce.