This Buffalo Chicken Dip is zero Smart Points per serving on Weight Watchers Freestyle plan! Using just 4 ingredients it’s an easy to make, spicy, versatile recipe
With a fraction of the Smart Points of a classic Buffalo Chicken Dip this tasty recipe can be made in an Instant Pot or Crock Pot. A perfect Weight Watchers snack recipe!
For anyone who loves spice, this is the recipe for you!
The main ingredient in this recipe, apart from chicken of course, is hot sauce! Two thirds of a cup of hot sauce to be precise!
When I first made this dish a couple of years ago, I did so after reading a post on Facebook with very vague instructions on how it was made. I grabbed a bottle of hot sauce out of my fridge and used that 😀
Not all hot sauces are made equal! The one that I used that day was just so hot. I must admit, I did still eat it but just with LOADS of yogurt stirred in!
I’ve since made this dish a number of different ways. And to my mind, this recipe is the easiest, with just 4 ingredients (5 including the water 😀 ) and the clincher is that it is zero Smart Points!
Now, it’s not the creamy, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip that you may be used to but it’s tasty, filling and have I said … it’s ZERO Smart Points!!!
I would suggest using Franks RedHot Wings Sauce . Unless of course you are a hot sauce connoisseur and have a different hot sauce that you prefer … and can handle!
What is Buffalo Chicken?
- So Buffalo Chicken (or Buffalo Wings or Hot Wings as it is often called) is a dish originating from the US.
- It’s chicken that is deep fried in oil till browned, then dipped in butter and a hot sauce prior to serving. It tends to be accompanied with a ranch dressing and celery and carrot sticks.
- Unfortunately, Buffalo Chicken cooked this way is high in Smart Points because of the oil that it is fried in and the butter that it is coated in.
- Lots of recipes for Buffalo Chicken can be found on the Internet along with many recipes for Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- However, most of the recipes for Buffalo Chicken Dip include mountains of cheese, lots of creamy ranch dressing and blocks of full fat cream cheese!
- Unfortunately, with those ingredients, the Smart Points are really high!
- So, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is just made with chicken, hot sauce, ranch seasoning and fat free yogurt. Although, it’s not the creamy, cheesy version, it is a fraction of the Smart Points and still tastes really good.
Serving Buffalo Chicken Dip
- This recipe makes about 3 cups of Buffalo Chicken Dip. Each serving is about 1/2 cup of dip. Two servings of dip (1 cup) would need to be tracked as 1 Smart Point (although only equates to 1/2 Smart Point!).
- Serve with one of these Low SmartPoint Chips . Alternatively toast some pitta breads or tortilla wraps to make your own low point ‘chips’.
- I’ve also used carrot sticks and celery sticks for dipping and these of course are zero Smart Points making it a perfect zero point snack.
- Of course, this Weight Watchers friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip doesn’t just need to be used as a dip! It can also be served with a small portion of rice for an easy & filling evening meal.
- Or it can be used as a filling for a baked potato. Top with a spoonful of yogurt and some chili pepper and serve with a side salad and you’ve got a tasty lowish point dinner.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
I tend to use my Instant Pot to make this dish as it is just so simple to do!
- Place the skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour over the hot sauce and water (picture 1)
- Cook for 15 minutes using the pressure cook setting (picture 2)
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and mix so that it is covered with the hot sauce (pictures 3 & 4)
- Add yogurt and ranch dressing seasoning (picture 5)
- Serve as a dip or with rice, in a baked potato, in wraps etc!
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.