Love buffalo wings? If you do, you’ll love these! This Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels recipe makes a delicious party food with all the flavors of buffalo wings + blue cheese, but without the mess.
Buffalo Chicken Wings have been a sports party favorite for a long time and, eventually, someone came up with the genius idea of making a Buffalo Chicken Dip. The cool thing about the dip is that you get all the same flavors of Buffalo Wings, but you get to dip — or scoop — with crackers, chips, and celery sticks.
I’ve taken it all one step further: I took my usual Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe and rolled it up into bite-size tortilla pinwheels!
One of the great things about these Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels is that there is more portion control than with the dip. I don’t know about you, but dips are one of those things that I have a hard time watching how much I eat. With these, you can decide to eat just a few and you’ll likely be eating much less than you would if you were scooping away at the buffet table.
The buffalo chicken mixture is much like the Buffalo Chicken Dip I make — with a few small changes. The biggest change is that I leave out blue cheese dressing. But, have no fear blue cheese lovers — there’s still crumbles added because I couldn’t do away with it all. Everything is mixed up in one bowl, which is always nice when it comes time to wash the dishes.
8 oz. Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 dry ranch packet
8 oz. 1/3 less fat original cream cheese
1 c reduced fat (2%) shredded cheese
6-8 large tortillas
1. Add chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and ranch packet to slow cooker. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours (cook time will vary with different slow cooker models).
2. Remove chicken from slow cooker onto plate. Shred using two forks. Set chicken aside.
3. Whisk cream cheese into buffalo sauce that is in the slow cooker. Once it is completely melted and mixed well, add chicken back into sauce.
4. Turn off slow cooker. Put buffalo chicken mixture into a dish to chill in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
5. Once chicken mixture is chilled (I zapped mine in my food buffalo chicken roll ups 2processer a few times to make it easier to spread before adding the cheese), stir in shredded cheese to buffalo chicken mixture.
6. Lay tortillas out flat on counter. Spoon buffalo chicken mixture onto tortilla and spread into an even layer.
7. Beginning at one end, roll up tortilla. Slice into bite-sized pieces. Repeat process until all of the buffalo chicken mixture is gone (I used 7 tortillas).
8. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yields about 42 roll ups (will vary depending on how much chicken mixture you put in each tortilla and how big you cut your roll ups)