My mom found the original version of this recipe in a cooking magazine when I was in high school. It has always been a favorite of my entire …
- 1 salsa
- 2/3 C bbq sauce
- 1whole sweet onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)pork and beans (28 oz, each)
- 1 can(s)chili beans (15 oz.)
- 1 can(s)black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4sausage links, kielbasa, bacon (cooked and drained), or other meat of choice
- 1jalapeno pepper, chopped, optional (for those who like it spicy)
- 2/3 C brown sugar, optional (for those who like their baked beans on the sweeter side)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker, stir to combine, set on low or slow cook option for 6-8 hours stirring occasionally (if you are able).
- When the mixture has thickened and is hot and bubbly, it is ready to eat!
- This is great as a side for burgers, but hearty enough to be a main dish by itself. Enjoy!