Beef and potatoes come together in this cheesy pot pie that’s baked to perfection – a savory dinner…
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, un~drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups frozen crispy French-fried potatoes (from 20-oz bag)
- Heat oven to 450°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well. Sprinkle flour over beef mixture.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Remove from heat.
- In un~greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, spread beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Arrange frozen potatoes evenly in single layer on top.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Be sure to drain the cooked ground beef really well. Any extra juices will make the pot pie too watery.