Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- ½ cup plain yogurt, full fat (I used greek)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream OR for a lighter version use ¼ cup cream + ¾ cup half-n-half (or do ½ cup of each)
- In a small bowl whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, tumeric, garam masala, chili powder, cumin, ginger and garlic. Whisk until smooth. Place cut up chicken pieces in a bowl and pour marinade over chicken. Stir until chicken pieces are all coated. Cover and refrigerate at least 4-5 hours or overnight if possible.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a skillet. Spoon the chicken pieces out of the bowl (don’t wipe or shake off the marinade from the chicken) and place into the skillet. Don’t scrape out any extra marinade from the bowl, the chicken will be coated in plenty of marinade. Cook for
- 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is white all over (the pieces won’t brown brown because of the marinade).
- Add the tomato puree, sugar and salt. Stir well and turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and stir until well combined, remove from heat and season with salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and/or Naan or flatbread.