If you prefer, you can roast a halved, seeded butternut squash at 350° for 45 minutes or until soft. Scoop 10 ounces of flesh, and use in place of the…
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen butternut squash puree, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce, plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3 ounces shredded Oaxaca or part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 3 ounces shredded reduced-fat 4-cheese Mexican-blend cheese (about 3/4 cup), divided
- 1/3 cup very thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- 30 light tortilla chips
- Celery sticks (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add red onion; cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add stock, squash, chipotle, and adobo sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; add 2 ounces Oaxaca cheese and 2 ounces Mexican-blend cheese; cook 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring until cheese melts.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over top. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Top with radishes, cilantro, green onions, and jalapeño.
- Serve with chips and celery sticks, if desired.