When you have to prepare a meal on the table for dinner in a rush, and you are craving for a pasta dish, then you’re lucky because I’m about to share with you one of our finest recipe for Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta. It is comfort food, so simple and delicious.
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15mins | Total: 20 mins | Servings: 4
- (8 oz) of farfalle pasta, or your favorite type
- 2 tbsp butter
- (3) cloves garlic, minced
- (1) lb of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning, more or less, to taste
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, more to taste
- Fresh vegetables, if desired, see note*
- Cook the pasta until al dente by following the instructions written in the package. Then drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- In a large pot or skillet, add and melt butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces (and any desired vegetables), and season with cajun seasoning. Then cook for 3-4 minutes until chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Add milk and cream cheese, stirring well until cream cheese has melted and sauce is smooth for 2-3 minutes.
- Then stir in pasta, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
I also like adding vegetables from my fridge to the pasta that need to be used. A more authentic cajun dish may involve bell peppers in sliced form. Spinach, broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, or mushrooms are also good additions.
For a healthier take for this recipe, you can substitute whole grain pasta, use low-fat cream cheese, skim milk, and omit the parmesan cheese.
Prepare steps 2-4 of the recipe to make this cajun chicken pasta in advance (make the creamy sauce with cooked vegetables and chicken). Cool and put it in the fridge. Cook noodles until they are ready to serve, reheat the sauce and stir in pasta and cheese.
Calories: 661kcal; Fat: 27g; Saturated Fat: 14g; Cholesterol: 141mg; Sodium: 930mg; Potassium: 1178mg; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 8g; Vitamin A: 1800IU; Vitamin C: 137.6mg; Calcium: 398mg; Iron: 2.5mg; Carbohydrates: 58g; Protein: 46g.