I got this recipe from a friend when I went to visit. I have tweaked it a bit to add some ingredients that I enjoy. Feel free to make substitutions! I usually serve it with tortilla chips but it is also very good by itself as a side dish… and a fave of my vegetarian friends! I suggest making a double batch as it keeps very well in the refrigerator for several days.
Prep time: 30 Min Serves: About 8 as an appetizer
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 green bell peppers
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 c cilantro, fresh
- CANNED STUFF
- 1 can(s) black beans, 15 oz.
- 1 can(s) black eyed peas, 15 oz.
- 1 can(s) whole kernel corn, 15 oz.
- 1 bottle zesty Italian dressing, 8 oz
- MY ADDITIONS
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers
- pinch red chilies, dried
- 1 can(s) black or green olives
- 1 tsp cumin
1. Here are assembled ingredients…notice I had a few substitutions today.
2. Chop all fresh ingredients and combine in a bowl.
3. Rinse and drain the beans, peas and corn and add them to the fresh ingredients.
4. Pour the dressing over the top and mix thoroughly.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours for best taste.