These easy apple pie bars have a shortbread crust, rich apple layer, and a cinnamon pecan streusel topping. Drizzle with caramel for a classic …
- 1 pkg14oz pkg caramels, unwrapped
- 5 medium fish sized apples (I used Cortlands) peeled, cored,& sliced
- 1 1/2 color
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 brown sugar
- 1/2 melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c+ 1/4 c coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 C milk
- Preheat oven to 350. grease or spray a 9 x13 pan
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinn., and salt. set aside.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla and only 1 cup of the chopped nuts keep the other 1/4 C for topping.
- Stir in dry ingredients. When well-mixed reserve 1 C for topping.
- Pour into pan (It may be hard to spread but it will eventually lol) bake that for 15 mins.
- While you melt the caramels and milk in the microwave 2-3 mins.
- Stir carefully after each min (this is also not easy to do but it eventually will get smooth and creamy. Cool that for 5 mins.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, drain any juice of the apples. and pour the apples on the crust and spread evenly.
- Then pour the caramel over the apples staying about 1/2″ away from the edges.
- Then drop tsp. of the reserved batter over that spreading as well as you can sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans return to oven and bake for 15 – 20 mins @ 350.
- Cool well before trying to cut.