A creamy cheesecake is swirled with dulce de leche in this … This method ensures an evenly cooked caramel, but it still takes a long time…
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche or caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (approx. 14 oz.) bag caramel candies
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporate milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and position oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Prepare crust according to recipe directions.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and dulce de leche until fluffy, then beat in flour and vanilla extract.
- One at a time, mix in eggs, waiting until each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into pie pan or springform pan and place in oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until center is just set.
- Remove and let cool completely, then refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Make caramel sauce by mixing caramels and evaporated milk over low heat.
- Stir until completely melted and smooth, then remove from heat and stir in sea salt.
- Slice pie and serve with caramel sauce.