Move over rice kripsy treats! There’s a new wicked treat in town. Can you say…..Caramel Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats? They are finished off with a beautiful, thick chocolate glaze! These cut so perfectly that you will impress yourself! Just be sure to use a nice sharp knife!
For the Krispy layer:
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
For the milk chocolate peanut butter layer:
- 5 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- For the dark chocolate top layer:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Line 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick foil.
- Pour the water into a small pot and carefully add the sugar and corn syrup into the center of the pan. Stir with a spoon until it reaches 235º on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat, stir in the melted butter and pour the mixture over the cereal in a bowl. Stir to coat and press into the pan using a silicone spatula.
- Stick in the freezer to cool.
- For the chocolate peanut butter layer: In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and chocolate. Stir to combine and pour over the crust. Stick back in the freezer until firm.
- Make the dark chocolate glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate, corn syrup and butter till melted. Stir and spread over the peanut butter
- layer. Chill again!
- Cut into squares. Keep squares chilled.