- 1 package (1 lb 3.8 oz) Betty Crocker™ fudge brownie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 20 caramels (from 14-oz bag), unwrapped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup broken pecans
- 3/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F (if using
darkor nonstick pan, heat oven to 325°). Grease bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan with shortening. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and 2 eggs until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread in pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until puffed in center and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream and the caramels over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted.
smallamount of the hot mixture into beaten egg, then stir egg back into mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring
- Stir in pecans. Spread over brownie. Refrigerate uncovered at least 3 hours until chilled.
- Run metal spatula around side of pan to loosen dessert; remove side of
- Transfer dessert on pan base to serving plate.
chilledsmall bowl, beat 3/4 cup whipping cream and the powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon whipped cream in 12 dollops around edge of dessert.
- Cut into wedges to serve. Store covered in