These slow cooker carnitas tostadas are absolutely addicting. My whole family loves these carnitas tostadas. We are all obsessed, and I have made them so many times now I can’t even count…
- 6 Corn tortillas
- 1-2 Tbs Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas
- 1 cup fresh squeezed (if possible) orange juice
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Jalapeno, deveined, deseeded, and diced small
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil (divided)
- Black beans
- Red onion
- Cojita cheese
- In a large skillet, add 1 Tbs vegetable oil, and heat over a medium-high heat.
- Sear Smithfield Boneless Pork Shoulder Seasoned Carnitas on all sides.
- Add to a slow cooker along with orange juice, onion, and jalapeño
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Once fork tender, remove the pork from the slow cooker, remove any fat, then shred the meat. Save the juices.
- Add the carnitas to an oven-safe pan and broil for 3-4 minutes until crispy bits form. Then remove from oven. Keep a close eye so they do not burn.
- Toss with 1/2 cup of slow cooker juices
- 20 minutes before serving Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet, and generously brush both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little salt
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Bake until entire tortilla is crispy, add time if necessary so it is crispy, not chewy.
- Remove from oven, and top immediately and serve.
- Spread black beans on baked tostadas, then add the carnitas and toppings of your choice such as diced onion, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, salsa, queso fresco, guacamole etc.