Two of my favorite cakes come together to make the ultimate spring dessert, this decadent carrot cake cheesecake. If you like carrot cake or …This decadent dessert, double-the-cake mash-up comes with layers of spiced carrot cake, rich cheesecake …
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
1 Cup Carrots (grated, I used 3 medium rainbow carrots)
1 and 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar (granulated white sugar)
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (dark brown sugar)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon (powder)
1/4 tsp Nutmeg (grated)
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Egg(s) (at room temprature)
2 Cup Cream Cheese (2 of 8 ounce package, softened)
2/3 Cup Sugar (granulated white sugar)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Lemon (juice)
2 Egg(s) (at room temprature)
1 tsp All-Purpose Flour
Sour Cream Glaze
1/2 Cup Walnuts (and/or pecans, rough chopped, for decorating cake)
2 tbsp Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray or butter a 9-inch spring form pan, and set aside.
2. For Cheesecake Batter: In a large bowl, with a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg one at a time and beat on low until just combined. Add vanilla extract, flour, and sour cream, lemon juice and beat until combined. Set aside.
Don’t over-whip the cheesecake batter after adding sour cream.
3. Clean the whisk attachment to make other batter.
4. For Carrot Cake batter, in a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients: all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, sugar (white and brown), Whisk with hand whisk to well combine all ingredients. Set aside.
5. In a wide bowl, add wet ingredients: eggs, sour cream, canola oil, vanilla extract. With a whisk hand/stand mixer attachment, beat until eggs are well combined with rest of ingredients. Add and mix in grated carrots. Now, add dry ingredient in 3 batches into wet mixture and whisk after each addition until just combined. Don’t over whip.
6. To assemble cake: Add half of carrot cake batter in the springform pan. Dollop half of cream-cheese cake batter on the top. Don’t spread but place spoonfuls.Now, spoon remaining carrot cake batter on sides and top of cheesecake batter. At last, pour remaining half of cheesecake batter top covering all of the carrot cake layer. Smooth top with spatula and pat a couple of times to release air-bubbles.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until cake ziggles very gently. You can cover cake with tin foil for last 30 minutes to avoid over-browning. Once baked, leave on wire-rack to cool for 1 hour. The refrigerate for 4-6 hours to overnight to set completely.
8. Before serving, whisk sour cream glaze ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Remove cake from springform pan, drizzle glaze on the cake. Decorate with chopped walnuts/pecans. Follow notes for slicing instructions.