Mini carrot cake whoopie pies and bite-sized wonders. Sandwiched together with cream cheese frosting, this mini dessert is perfect for Easter.
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: About 15 pies
1 box carrot cake mix (18 oz)
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 carrot, grated
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
16 oz powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c pecans, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl beat the carrot cake mix, butter and eggs until incorporated.
2. Stir in the grated carrot and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
3. Using a small ice-cream scoop drop the batter by 2 tablespoon mounds onto parchment lined cookie sheets. (You can also use a whoopie pie pan sprayed with cooking spray. I invested in one because I make a lot of pies.) Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and cool 5 minutes on the pan and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. In a mixing bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer until combined and light and fluffy.
5. To assemble the whoopie pies, put the filling into a sealable plastic bag and snip the corner to make a small opening. Put the chopped pecans into a shallow dish or pie plate. Flip over one carrot cake cookie and pipe a dollop of frosting into the center. (I like a LOT of frosting!)
6. Top with another cookie and press gently to spread the frosting to the edges.
7. Roll the edges of the whoopie pie into the chopped pecans. Fill the remaining cookies and roll in the pecans until done. Refrigerate until serving.
Get Your E-book Now