A savory bread-like scone filled with bits of bacon, cheese, and chives. … Whereas in the past buttermilk was made from the liquid left over after churning butter, …
- 3 call purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bacon, fried and chopped into bits
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- Sift together dry ingredients. Cut in butter. Add cheese and bacon. Mix well. Stir in buttermilk until blended.
- Divide dough in half and flatten into about 1/2 inch thick round. Score each round into 8 pieces.
- Place on greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 mins. Serve warm or at room temp.