This sheet cake is so delectable. Take it to an outing and see how fast it goes.
You can top this cake with chocolate glaze which I did this time, or spread your favorite thickened fruit pie filling…there are many different variations you could use..The glaze really is good though..
I hope you try it..ENJOY!
I can’t remember where I found this recipe to credit. Please forgive me.
Cook time: 35 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 24, depending how large you cut the pieces
1 c plus 2 tbs butter, softened
2 (3 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 c sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c cake flour
1 c sugar
1/3 c evaporated milk
1/2 c butter
1/2 c milk chocolate chips (and some extra for sprinkling)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Prepare a 15 x 10 x 1 in. baking pan with cooking spray. If you want a thicker cake, use a smaller pan..cooking time will be longer.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
3. Add flour; mix well.
4. Pour the batter into a greased 15 x 10 x 1 in. baking pan. Spread evenly in the pan ( batter will be thick). I use my frosting knife to spread it. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
5. Place on cooling rack (this cake does not have to be completely cool to serve). **Picture right from the oven. Looks like cheese cake.
6. Frosting: Combine sugar and milk in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat.
7. Cover and cook for 3 minutes (do not stir). Stir in butter and chocolate chips until melted. Cool slightly. Stir; spread over cake. Sprinkle with extra chips ( this is completely optional).
8. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and friends have. This cake may puff up during baking, not to fear, it will fall back down when out of oven.