Cheesy Beef and Bacon Sausage Rolls is a delicious variation on the classic Sausage Roll. Beef sausage …
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 sausages
- 1 brown onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Combine bread crumbs and milk in a mixing bowl; stir to combine. To make “soft” bread crumbs, you simply have to blitz day-old bread in your food processor.
- Let this combination of bread and milk sit for a minute after mixing.
- Remove your sausages from their casings and add those to the mixture.
- Next add your diced onion, diced bacon, grated cheese, chopped thyme, and ground pepper. No need to add salt, due to the sodium levels in the sausage. Stir to combine all your ingredients.
- Lay out your puff pastry sheets; you’ll be using one sheet per sausage roll.
Take a handful of your meat mixture and mold it into an oblong sausage-shape on your puff pastry. Roll the pastry to enclose the sausage and then cut the
- length of the roll into four even pieces.
- Transfer the sausage rolls to a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush the top of each roll with one egg to help them cook golden brown.
- Bake your rolls at 425 ℉ for about 25 minutes or until the centers are cooked and the pastry has puffed up. Make sure to let them cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.