Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine – The creamiest mushroom alfredo sauce you will … Did you know that parmesan cheese is known as the “King of Italian Cheese“? … In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to …
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup cooking water, and set pasta aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute shallots until tender. 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and season with salt and pepper, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add sliced mushrooms and peas and cook until excess moisture evaporates and mushrooms are softened. About 10 minutes.
- Evenly distribute flour over the vegetables and stir to make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Then pour in vegetable broth and 1/2 cup cooking water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until mixture reduces and thickens, then remove from heat and stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add pasta to the sauce and stir to coat.
- if the sauce is too thick, use remaining pasta water to loosen it up.
- Garnish with more cheese, serve immediately and enjoy!