The BEST easy vegan quesadillas with loads of cream cheese, zucchini slices, fresh spinach, and juicy artichoke hearts. These quesadillas will please everyone in the family! Vegan, dairy-free…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour (AKA tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper (You can use white pepper if you don’t want to see the flecks but I used what I had on hand)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- Spinach (I used about one generous handful per quesadilla)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, sliced in half
- Optional – chipotle sauce, hot sauce, pesto sauce to drizzle in the quesadilla or for dipping.
- Get the recipe instructions how to make the cashew cheese.
- Once the cheese is prepared, start to assemble the quesadillas.
- Spread 2-3 tbsps on one of the tortillas, add a handful of spinach, zucchini slices (use a small hand mandolin to slice the zucchini thinly and evenly), and artichoke hearts.
- Spread 2-3 tbsps on a second tortilla and place it on top.
- Put the quesadilla in a pan and saute it until browned and crispy on both sides, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Slice and serve with dipping sauce of your choice.