Cherries and chocolate are an all time favorite combination. This chocolate fudge has candied cherries and almonds throughout and is topped with more …
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (11 oz bag)
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp cherry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 10oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with sugar, cream and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, set a timer for 5 minutes and stir in cherry gelatin.
- After 5 minutes of boiling, remove the pan from the heat.
- Place white chocolate and marshmallow crème in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the hot pink mixture over top and stir until all the chocolate is melted and there are no white
- streaks of fluff remaining.
- Fold in the dried cherries.
- Pour the fudge into a foil-lined 9inch square pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until slightly set.
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave on 50% power until mostly melted, then continue stirring until all melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the cherry fudge and refrigerate again for 4 hours or overnight. Cut into small squares.
- Makes 36 pieces of fudge