Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake – this easy casserole dish is made with the homemade Spinach dip combined with elbow macaroni, chicken and bacon! Everything is coated with the Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese sauce and baked in a casserole dish until the perfect golden crust forms on top. The whole family will love this creamy and cheesy pasta dish!
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
5 oz frozen spinach , thawed, drained
5 cloves garlic , minced
salt to taste
Remaining pasta bake ingredients:
1 lb chicken , diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8 oz elbow macaroni , uncooked
6 slices bacon , cooked, drained, chopped
1 cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- How to make spinach dip:
- Soften cream cheese in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining dip ingredients (Mozzarella, Parmesan, spinach, garlic, salt to taste) to the bowl. Mix well.
- Prepare chicken:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add sliced chicken. Sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning.
- Cook, stirring, on medium heat, until it’s no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Cook pasta
- Cook elbow macaroni al dente. Drain.
- How to assemble chicken and bacon pasta bake:
- To the skillet with sliced cooked chicken, add chopped cooked bacon, cooked and drained pasta, and spinach dip. Mix everything together, reheating slightly.
- Add pasta mixture to the casserole dish.
- Top with 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 F in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Then, broil for 3-4 minutes, until nicely browned on top. Make sure not to burn the top of the pasta bake